Saturday, August 9, 2008

MOVIE REVIEWS

Reunited | The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2
by filmgordon,  August 9, 2008




Three years after their first adventure, four young ladies reunite for one more super-sweet odyssey in “The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2.” Blog correspondent and film critic Brandon Fibbs of the Colorado Springs Gazette gives us the skinny.

If “Sex and the City” were a female buddy movie for middle-aged women, “The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2″ is its younger version (minus the chic couture and rampant materialism). Ann Brashares’ novel “Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood” is
brought to life in this sequel with the same heart, earnestness and, let’s face it, saccharine sweetness of the 2005 original. >>READ MORE




Movie Review: The Dark Knight
by Will Pease, filmsy, August 3, 2008


The world of Batman is one that I love to revisit time and time again. To say that I am a fan is an understatement. Obsessive is more like it. I have a modest toy collection that is solely based on Batman figures. I have started collecting collectible statues of Batman and I have been reading Batman comics since I’ve learned to, well, read.

Like many Batman fans, I was eagerly anticipating the newest Batman movie, The Dark Knight. Forget about Heath Ledger (and I respectfully say that), I was looking forward to another live action excursion to Batman’s world. Anyone who has read my reviews know that I can be extremely critical but the child in me was quite excited about the buzz the film was getting. I kept reading accounts of how great it was—that it is the best Batman movie ever made, the best crime drama ever. The superlatives were just so much that I was beginning to uy into the hype. So I fixed my schedule last week in order to catch the movie in a theater near my home. And I left… deflated. >>READ MORE

MOVIE REVIEWSSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

0 comments:

 
© free template by Blogspot tutorial